Tel: +44 (0)121 778 2400    Email:
Spouse Visa
This visa enables British Citizens to bring their non-EEA Spouse or Partner and children to the UK.

A UK spouse visa or marriage visa can help foreign nationals married to British citizens enter the UK.

This also applies to spouses of persons who have settled in the UK.

If you are outside the UK and your spouse is already in UK, you will need to first apply for an entry clearance, a temporary visa is granted for two years during which you have to remain in the UK, as a married couple and at the end of this two year period, you can apply for an extension and then eventually for an indefinite leave to remain.

You can also apply for naturalization as a British citizen.

In order to obtain a spouse visa, you must meet the following criteria:
  • Apply for an entry clearance before entering the UK
  • Be either legally married, or be in a civil partnership.
  • Meet a minimum income threshold for sponsoring your spouse’s settlement in the UK and If you have a higher threshold, you may be able to sponsor your children as well.
  • Show the requisite amount of savings in case your income is below £18600.
  • Be able to support yourself and your family without recourse to public funds.
  • Are able to communicate in the English language as per the standards prescribed in the category.
How Can We Help?

Over the years, the UKBA has made the criteria for spouse visas very stringent, so, in order to make a successful application, you will need the expertise of a experienced advisor.

Our team of immigration advisors have over twenty years of cumulative experience in the area and can help you with the application process.

We help you collate documentary evidence to support the fact your marriage or civil partnership is genuine and that you are in a deep and committed relationship and also ensure that you are able to substantiate your relationship so that your application is not refused.

Back to top